Estate 1-Lite 3-Panel Oval Mahogany Wood Front Door with Sidelites and Transom – DbyD-1116
- Estate Leaded Glass Thistle Entry
- 36″ x 80″ x 1 3/4″ door with 12″ sidelites and 14″ transom (as shown, any size available)
- Wood Species Shown: Mahogany (other wood species available)
- Glass Option Shown: Leaded Beveled and Textured Glass
- We designed this door for a gentleman who at the time was a piper in the St. Andrews Band in Montgomery, Alabama. After several trips to Scotland, the homeowners decided that they needed to have a thistle in their door (the thistle is the national symbol of Scotland). Our stained glass artisans designed and built this glass. At the time we designed the glass, it was for a door only for their home in Montgomery, Alabama. Several years later, the couple retired to Fairhope, Alabama and couldn’t imagine leaving their custom door behind. So they took it with them! We designed a simple replacement door for their Montgomery home. Their new home was a much larger entrance, so we designed and built sidelites and a transom to match their door. The homeowner continues to play his bagpipe and is now a member of the McGuire’s Pipe Band in Pensacola, Florida and can often be heard playing with the band at McGuire’s Irish Pub.
- Glass options include: clear, beveled, leaded, textured
- All glass options can be tempered and dual pane insulated
- All of our wooden doors are made from the finest hardwoods available. No engineered or “core” materials are used in the construction of our doors to ensure optimal performance and unmatched beauty and quality
- We are happy to finish any of our doors with our selections of stains or prime the unit so that it can be painted upon delivery. However, any door unit may also be purchased unfinished. Read our Finishing & Maintenance Instructions
- We offer factory pre-hanging with all of our door units. Doors may also be purchased as a slab if desired
- All of our doors can be sold cut for the hardware of your choice. Visit our selection of hardware
- If you are outside of our local service area, or would like to install your doors yourself, please read our Install Instructions
- Warranty information
You have not viewed any product yet.